- Havyard 832 has become a major success for us and we are very satisfied to have succeeded in developing a modern, environmentally friendly and competitive PSV sought after in the market amongst both shipowners and charterers. We are especially pleased that Vestland Offshore in addition wishes to acquire the purchase of our Havyard 833 design, says Executive Vice President for Business Development & Sale Shipbuilding in Havyard Group AS, Tor Leif Mongstad.
- We are very happy about Vestland Offshore choosing Havyard as designer and shipbuilder when they decide to expand their own fleet of PSVs. We are looking forward to a long and successful cooperation with Vestland Offshore, a company proving to be a professional, knowledgeable and demanding customer. This is something we appreciate as it also helps us to further develop our own products, Mongstad adds.
Acting General Manager of Vestland Management, Per Vidar Hille, is delighted with the major new contract signed with Havyard Group AS.
The shipping company located in Torangsvåg in Austevoll, Norway, operates a fleet of six vessels within offshore and seismology.
- We were looking to expand our offshore fleet with PSV vessels that had slightly smaller deck area than the ones we already have, and we then landed on the Havyard 832 L, a design we have heard a lot of positives about. The plan is eventually to have constructed a vessel of a Havyard 833 design.
- Furthermore, it is also the first vessel we will construct at Havyard Ship Technology in Leirvik, and this is a cooperation we are looking forward to, says Per Vidar Hille.
SHORT CONSTRUCTION TIME
Chief Operating Officer Kenneth Pettersen in Havyard Group AS, promises the ship will be constructed in a short space of time.
- There have been a very good dialogue and process towards realizing this project, and based on this, the hull construction has already started. As a result, we are able to offer this vessel with a favourable delivery time, as soon as in October 2012. The hull is being constructed by our partner in Turkey; Cemre Shipyard, a shipyard we have worked well with over a long period of time. In terms of the optional vessel, the Havyard 833, it is due for delivery in May 2013.
The outfitting of the PSV vessel will be carried out by Havyard Group AS, at Havyard Ship Technology in Leirvik. This contract also leads to big subcontracts for other business areas such as Havyard Design & Engineering and Havyard Power & Systems. Norwegian Electric Systems, where Havyard is a co-owner, will supply complete diesel-electric propulsion for the vessel.
-In Havyard we are looking forward to doing our utmost to meet Vestland Offshore`s expectations of a vessel of top quality delivered at the right time and for the right price. And by doing so, we are hopefully creating the foundation for a long and solid cooperation, says Chief Operating Officer Kenneth Pettersen of Havyard Group AS.
HAVYARD 832 L FACTS
Length overall: 86 metres
Breadth: 17.6 metres
Speed: 14 knots
Deck area: 900 square metres
Accommodation: 23 persons
Dead weight: 4200 tonnes
HAVYARD 833 FACTS
Length: 86.8 metres
Breadth: 19.6 metres
Speed: 15 knots
Deck area: 1000 square metres
Accommodation: 27 persons
Dead weight: 4600 tonnes
For further information, please contact:
Public Relations Manager of Havyard Group AS;
Mobile phone: (+47) 926 64 526